Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This virus sucked the life out of me...

So after hoping and promising to update more here I am. So this virus that is going around is horrble. After 9 days of feeling miserable (which by the way I still don't feel the greatest) I think I'm on the mend. During this 9 days we made a trip to the urgent care where they decided I needed fluids. Which would have been all fine and dandy except that I was so dry my veins were near impossible to hit. It took 2 sticks in 2 completely different locations for them to get the IV in. Well two days later and I'm feeling worse we make a trip to the ED (emergency department for non-medical personal) with the fear of appendicitis. Well thankfully my appendix was fine, but my bowels had officially shut down I was so sick which leads to an overnight stay to rest them. And by rest they pretty much mean starve you to death and give you lots of IV fluids. During this stay my IV was relocated 3 times ( I was still really dry), I took 4 bags of fluid, and 2 heparin shots (which the hurt worse than the stick and leave a nasty bruise). But in the long run I got a new look at the kind of nurse I want to be.

Now on to other life. I passed my HESI yay!!! My first semester of nursing school is over. I have come to the conclusion that it isn't the material that is hard but the change in lifestyle. That change being you have no life at all.  And on another good note I got an extern position which I start next week. That is all for now hopefully I'll see everyone in a day or two with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment